It’s sometimes forgotten about when considering a class or activity for your child what the actual benefits could possibly be. Rather than take points from the Early Years framework, here we’ve tried to summarise all the things we do in our sessions and that we’ve noted over the years from the children and grown ups who’ve attended.
What makes our Art Stars classes special?
- Educational – based on elements from EYF supporting child development and learning, enhancing your child’s early years experiences, from numbers and counting to listening to a story, learning colours and shapes and so much more!
- Social – encourage working together, sharing, turn taking in a small group setting plus you meet and make new friends – both the children & grownups. Many lasting friendships are formed through meeting up regularly at our classes.
- Planned and prepared for you – you don’t need to think about it, you can make the most of the time and enjoy the activity with your child.
- No hassle – we provide all you need and there’s no mess or cleaning up for you to do, you can sit back and relax.
- Softly structured with routine that your child comes to know and love. Delivered in a sympathetic way to engage and encourage, developing concentration at each individual child’s level and pace.
- Discovery and Process Art form part of the session, exploring tools and mark making through painting and collage activities every week.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) naturally incorporated into sessions, for example mixing substances, using tools, drawing, mark making, building, construction, joining materials, songs and actions, counting, sorting, shape recognition and more.
- With you by their side, encouraging their curiosity, asking questions, discussing and connecting it to previous experiences; your child’s creative thinking and problem-solving skills are fostered.
- Craft activities each week help to develop skills and techniques such as scissor skills and cutting, fine motor skills such as pincer grip to pick up small pieces and hand eye coordination with threading.
- Quality time with your child doing a fun and focussed activity, making time in our busy lives to stop for a while and enjoy doing something hands on together.
- Creative activities are well known to improve well-being and increase self-esteem for adults and the same applies to our children too. The sense of achievement and pride in their creations at the end of a class is unmistakable. Always eager to take their art work home to show and display, often reluctant to ‘let go’ of the crafts they can carry on playing with after the class has ended!
So, thank you for reading that. We hope it gives you just a little idea about some of the benefits attending an Art Stars class can bring for your child and you.
If you’d like to join us for a trial session feel free to get in touch to arrange it, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Facebook or call us on 07778 543233.